Schalke 04: The next candidate apparently cancels S04

Schalke 04 apparently has to accept the next rejection in search of a new sports director. According to the kicker Rouven Schröder canceled the club.

Schröder had been traded as the new strong man at Schalke in the past few days. Allegedly there were already talks between the two parties. According to the report, the 45-year-old is not available.

So Schalke is the next basket. Previously, preferred candidate Ralf Rangnick had already canceled. “I would have liked to help Schalke on the difficult path back to their old strength. Unfortunately, due to the numerous imponderables within the club, I am currently unable to take on the sporting responsibility at S04,” wrote the former coach the royal blues on Saturday in a press release.

The club management was surprised. “We are surprised by Ralf Rangnick’s rejection and especially the short-term nature. The first meeting with his management last Thursday was very constructive and valuable,” said Schalke’s supervisory board chairman Jens Buchta in an official statement.

It is now conceivable that Peter Knäbel will take over the post. The 54-year-old is currently the technical director. “He made a very good impression,” said Buchta recently about Knäbel.

Much speaks for Peter Knäbel now

Leave a Reply