Huesca’s pulse trembles

Pacheta can count on his fingers the opportunities he has left to try to save Huesca. After drawing this Saturday at Alcoraz against Osasuna, the Alto Aragonese remain in the last place with 21 points, three behind Elche, which marks the permanence and faces Getafe at the Coliseum this Sunday. Huesca has ten finals left to try the first salvation in its history. Osasuna, meanwhile, reaches the psychological barrier of 30 points to get away from the hot low zone.

On the field, it was clear from the start which of the two teams needed the victory the most. After a few minutes of scoring in which Lucas Torró tried a powerful shot that went wide, Huesca reacted and took control of the game. Vavro put fear in the body of the rojillos with a foot strike to the crossbar that shook the foundations of Alcoraz.

Osasuna took a step back and the locals took advantage of it to start hanging constant centers from the bands looking for the head of Rafa Mir. The striker poked his head out like a shark’s fin, but without actually taking the lethal bite. His best chance, in a ball combed to the near post, he left stroking the long post.

After the break, the match became entangled in a mess of long balls, fouls and inaccuracies without either of the two technicians being able to remedy it. There were no dangerous approaches until the 70th minute, when Ferreiro cheered up with a shot from the edge that Juan Pérez cleared. The Huesca-born goalkeeper played his first minutes in the league after two years in the shadows due to the losses of Sergio and Rubén to end up fulfilling a dream he had had since 2019, when the two teams were promoted to the First Division. Then, the goalkeeper confessed that his greatest desire was to play for Alcoraz in First Division.

Osasuna remained firm behind, with Aridane and David García clearing everything that flew over the area. The former saved the tie with five minutes to go, getting in the way of Escriche’s point-blank header. Pacheta ended up so frustrated that he decided to watch the last minutes from the tunnel of the changing rooms, looking askance as his own could not with the red wall. Escriche crossed too much the last occasion of the game, sending his coach to the ground.

Jagoba, who was serving 1,000 days on the Osasuna bench, decided to postpone the return of Chimy Ávila, again in a call-up after a year and a half injured. The Argentine did not even go out to warm up in the band. The last time the forward was seen on the pitch, it was not yet known what the coronavirus was. On Thursday, Huesca plays a friendly against Eibar taking advantage of the international break, and then it will be possible to see Chimy as a footballer again.

You can follow SPORTS in Facebook Y Twitter, or sign up here to receive our weekly newsletter.

Leave a Reply