BVB: Raphael Guerreiro returns prematurely after “meaningless shutdown”

The controversial trip of Borussia Dortmund’s full-back Raphael Guerreiro to the Portuguese national team has ended prematurely. The injured defensive player had been classified by the medical department of the Portuguese association FPF as not operational.

This was announced by national coach Fernando Santos on Tuesday, one day before the European champions’ World Cup qualifier against Azerbaijan in Turin.

The dismissal of the Dortmunder had caused trouble in advance. “I think that’s pointless,” said sports director Michael Zorc to the newspapers Funke media group with a view to the injury of the BVB professional said.

Guerreiro suffered a calf injury in the quarter-finals of the DFB Cup at Borussia Mönchengladbach (1-0) on March 3rd and has been out since then. The Portuguese doctors wanted to personally get an idea of ​​the condition of the 27-year-old.

Leave a Reply