Bayern: transfer dispute? Flick takes Salihamidzic under protection – Hudson-Odoi and Dest were transfer requests

Bayern coach Hansi Flick has confirmed that FCB tried to get Chelsea’s Callum Hudson-Odoi and Sergino Dest from Ajax Amsterdam before the season. However, the success coach denied that there was a contradiction between him and sports director Hasan Salihamidzic regarding these personal details. He even took this under protection.

“It is always said that Hudson-Odoi and Dest were my dream players, they were our dream players,” emphasized Flick before the second leg of the second leg in the Champions League against Lazio on Wednesday evening Sky. Both targeted transfers failed, however: While right-back Dest joined FC Barcelona, ​​the record champions could not agree with the Blues on the parameters of a loan from Hudson-Odoi.

Among other things, Bayern should loud the player Sports picture to guarantee a certain number of missions, in case of non-compliance there should even have been penalties. Furthermore, a purchase obligation of 77 million euros should be anchored in the loan agreement. The Munich refused these conditions.

Instead of Hudson-Odoi and Dest, Bouna Sarr, Douglas Costa and Eric Maxim Choupo-Moting won the Champions League. “We decided that we wanted to add players for the breadth and we did that,” said Flick about the transfers, noting that this breadth was now “well occupied”.

Regarding the conflict with Salihamidzic, which according to information from SPOX and goal escalated in January, especially due to transfer issues, he said after the 2-1 victory: “We both approached each other and, in the interests of the club, got rid of it. That was a short conversation and we are very much optimistic for the rest of the season and the future. ” This exchange took place on Wednesday.

FC Bayern: Kimmich rebukes the internal Bayern dispute

Flick had already negated one of the alleged points of contention before the game started on Wednesday evening: While the sports director is said to have campaigned for a purchase of Leroy Sane in the summer, Flick was considered an advocate for Kai Havertz and Timo Werner. He said: “You can also read that Leroy would not have been my dream player, I would have wanted Werner and Havertz more. I would have liked to have all three. Brazzo knows that as well,” said Flick.

“But,” said the 56-year-old, “we all decided on Leroy. He shows what quality he has.” In addition, especially in Corona times, “it is not easy for a sports director to get players,” said Flick, who even publicly defended Salihamidzic.

After initial difficulties and deficits in the defensive game, Sane has recently shown a significant improvement: “In training you can always see his class. He has an ease in the game, is sometimes an artist who is sometimes a bit on standby – he has put that down I said we needed time and he got it. Now he’s showing what he can do, “explained Flick.

When asked about a possible loan from substitute goalkeeper Alexander Nübel, Flick did not want to look into his cards. Nübel, who only played his third competitive game against Lazio, is an “outstanding goalkeeper” who can now show what he can do. “The next few weeks will show how things go from here.”

Leave a Reply